WILLIAM J. FEDERER is a nationally known speaker, best-selling author, and president of Amerisearch, Inc., a publishing company dedicated to researching America’s noble heritage.
Bill’s AMERICAN MINUTE radio feature is broadcast daily across America and by the Internet. His Faith in History television airs on the TCT Network on stations across America and via DirectTV.
TELEVISION: A former U.S. Congressional Candidate, Bill has appeared on: CSPAN, FOX, Hannity & Colmes, O’Reilly Factor, NPR, MSNBC, ABC-Time Warner Affiliates, CBN, TBN, INSP, TCT, FamilyNet, FamilyLand TV, The Eric Metaxas Show, Prager U, Todd Starnes “Starnes Country-FOX Nation, Coral Ridge Hour, 700 Club, AT&T Cable, Charter Cable, Danny Fontana Show, iLife TV, FOX Strategy Room with Brian Kilmeade, hosted CSPAN’s George Washington Book Festival-February 26, 2000, CTN with Herman & Sharron Bailey, Andrew Wommack’s The Gospel Truth, and numerous television documentaries.
RADIO: Bill has been interviewed on thousands of radio programs, including Focus on the Family, Janet Parshall’s America, Point of View, USA Radio Network, Salem Radio Network, Bott Radio Network, Michael Medved, Common Sense Radio w/Ollie North, D. James Kennedy’s Truths that Transform, Phyllis Schlafly Live, Beverly LaHaye Live, G. Gordon Liddy, Janet Folger’s Faith to Action, Clear Channel Radio, VCY America, RadioAmerica, BQ, Armstrong Williams, American Family Radio, Family Life Radio, USA Radio Network, Judicial Watch, InsightMag.com, Martha Zoller Show, Chuck Harder’s For the People, Derry Brownfield, Michael Reagan and others.
PUBLICATIONS: Bill has been quoted or referenced in USA Today, Human Events, New York Times, Washington Times, Washington Post, Roll Call, Harper’s Magazine, The Wanderer, George, St. Louis Post Dispatch, Fort Lauderdate Sun-Sentinel, Ted Baehr’s MovieGuide, England’s Surrey Hants Star, Insight Magazine, WorldMag.com, WorldNetDaily.com, TownHall.com, NewsMax.com, Catholic.org, Crosswalk.org, CitizenLink.com, DailyCaller.com and other publications.
BOOKS: Bill’s first book “America’s God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations” has sold over a half-million copies. His works, which have been quoted by authors, politicians, leaders, journalists, teachers, students and in court cases, include:
- AMERICA’S GOD AND COUNTRY ENCYCLOPEDIA OF QUOTATIONS
- AMERICAN MINUTE-Events of American Significance Remembered on the Date They Occurred
- AMERICAN QUOTATIONS CDROM
- BACKFIRED-A nation born for religious tolerance no longer tolerates religion
- CHANGE TO CHAINS-The 6000 year quest for control- Volume 1: Rise of the Republic
- ENDANGERED SPEECHES-How the ACLU, IRS & LBJ Threaten Extinction of Free Speech
- GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER-His Life & Faith In His Own Words
- ISLAMIC CONQUEST-PAST & PRESENT-A captivating 5-part DVD series on Political Islam’s 1400 year War with the West
- LIBRARY OF CLASSICS CDROM
- PRAYERS & PRESIDENTS-Inspiring Faith from Leaders of the Past
- SAINT PATRICK-The Real Story of His Amazing Life from Tragedy to Triumph
- THE FAITH OF FDR –From Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Public Papers 1933-1945
- THE INTERESTING HISTORY OF INCOME TAX
- THE ORIGINAL 13-A Documentary History of Religion in America’s First Thirteen States
- THE TEN COMMANDMENTS & their Influence on American Law
- THE TREACHEROUS WORLD of the 16th Century & How the Pilgrims Escaped it
- THERE REALLY IS A SANTA CLAUS-History of Saint Nicholas & Christmas Holiday Traditions
- THREE SECULAR REASONS Why America Should be Under God
- TREASURY OF PRESIDENTIAL QUOTATIONS
- WHAT EVERY AMERICAN NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT THE QUR’AN-A History of Islam & the U.S.
- WHO IS THE KING IN AMERICA? & Who are the Counselors to the King?-An Overview of 6,000 years of History & Why America is Unique
Bill contributed chapters to other books, including:
- JUDICIAL TYRANNY-the new kings of America-Mark Sutherland
- FREEDOM-foreword by Dr. Benjamin Hooks
- WHY THE CONSERVATIVE MIND MATTERS-Bill Owens
- AMERICAN AMNESIA by Dr. Jerry Newcombe
- MIRACLES IN AMERICAN HISTORY-32 Amazing Stories of Answered Prayer
SPEAKING: Bill has spoken across America, at events from Mount Rushmore to the Lincoln Memorial to the U.S. Capitol. He has addressed audiences with Congressmen, Senators, Candidates, Sports Stars, Military Officers spoken at political conventions, debates, U.S. House Conference Committee, U.S. Military Bases, State Capitols, Legislative Hearings, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences St. Louis/Mid-America Emmy Awards, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion Posts and Conventions, National Day of Prayer Events, U.S. Military Chaplains’ Conventions, Officer Candidate School Graduation-Ft. Benning, Colonial Dames, Daughters/Sons of the American Revolution, FreedomWorks Conference, National Lawyers Association, National Conference on Christian Apologetics, Federalist Society, Mayor’s Breakfasts, Given Key to the City, American Association of Retired Persons, National Postal Mail Handlers Union, Retired St. Louis City Employees, Kiwanis Clubs, Jaycee Chapters, Rotary Clubs, Knights of Columbus, Zig Ziglar Corporation, AT&T/Southwestern Bell Office Fellowships, NFRA Conventions, Eagle Forum Conventions, Donna Hearne’s Constitutional Coalition-Educational Policy Conference,CNP, Concerned Women for America, TeenPact, Pachyderms, Reclaiming America Conference, Family Policy Councils, Bill Gothard’s Advanced Training Institute Conferences, Missouri Farm Bureau, Adopt-a-Farm, National Honor Society, Student Leadership Conferences, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Public/Private High School Assemblies, Graduations, PTA Meetings, Universities, Colleges, Institutes, National Parks, Washington University Weidenbaum Center debate, Council for Secular Humanism debate, Retired Teacher’s Association, Home School Meetings, Verity Institute, The Pillar Foundation, Liberty Classical School, Political Townhall Moderator for State Rep. Alan Icet, Business Luncheons, Boy Scouts of America Courts of Honor, Storytelling Festivals, Cruises, CBMC Meetings, Council for Extended Care Charity Auction, Contractor Association, Hospitals, Prisons, Pastor’s Conferences & Churches, Mark Skousen’s FreedomFest, Little Creek Naval Base, Fort McPherson, Fort Hood, Fort Benning, Charles Melvin Price Base and others.
AWARDS: Bill gained national recognition for lecturing and writing, receiving an Honorary Doctorate of Humanities from American Christian College in 2004; and an Honorary Doctorate of Global Leadership from Midwest University in 2013; George Washington Honor Medal by the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge, Broward County Chapter; Bott Radio Network Great American Award, honored by the American Legion Defense of Veterans Memorials Project, Rees Lloyd, Director; Eagle Award from Phyllis Schlafly, Eagle Forum, Delegate Republican National Convention, 2000. In addition to serving on numerous advisory boards, Bill is an original signer of the Manhattan Declaration.
CONGRESSIONAL CAMPAIGNS: Bill’s campaign for Congress in 2000 was key in keeping the U.S. House in majority control, as his opponent, Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, had to give up plans of campaigning for other candidates. Gephardt boasted of being the next “Speaker” but instead had his toughest re-election, spending $6 million against Federer’s $3 million from 35,000 contributors across America, in the nation’s 3rd most expensive Congressional race that year.(US News & World Report, 11/7/06, listed nationally among the most expensive House races of 2000 & 2004). President Bush’s uncle, William H.T. “Bucky” Bush, co-chaired Bill’s finance committee. Speaker Dennis Hastert, Majority Leader Dick Army, Conference Chairman J.C. Watts, Jr., Ambassador Alan Keyes, Phyllis Schlafly, William J. Murray, David Limbaugh, Chief Justice Roy Moore and other national leaders campaigned for Bill. Written and/or radio endorsements were received from Pat Boone, Chuck Norris, Ted Nugent, Art Linkletter and Dr. James Dobson. “Highly effective political machinery” was Gephardt’s reluctant admission of Federer in an appeal letter, as Bill received the most votes ever against him! The same week Bill won in court against Gephardt’s machine, Gephardt announced he would not seek re-election. Bill ran in 2004, winning Jefferson County and receiving 47% of the vote, the highest number of votes received in Missouri’s 3rd Congressional District by a Republican since statehood.